At WCM, we never stop learning. That’s why our shelves are full of insightful books about innovative ways to stay ahead. By making time for self-improvement, you’ll notice changes in your work and personal life, allowing you to become more effective, productive, and satisfied. Check out our top picks on leadership and let us know your favorite!
1. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
Over 15 million copies of Covey’s book have been sold. These lessons in personal change will help you in your everyday life as you learn how to think and act more effectively.
2. Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
Sinek explores the power behind “Why.” It is not about power or money, those are results. “Why” is about motivation and inspiration. Learn how to connect your team to the cause with this read.
3. Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration by Ed Catmull
Pixar co-founder Ed Catmull draws on his own experience for how to overcome the obstacles that stand in the way of inspiration. He discusses how to manage a creative staff without stifling the creativity.
4. Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
Pink destroys the carrot or the stick mentality of leadership as he delves into human nature. Learn how to motivate and satisfy your team at work.
5. Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts by Brené Brown
Professor Brené Brown encourages daring leadership in the face of uncertainty and fear. Investing in the future begins with developing the hearts and minds of tomorrow’s leaders.
6. What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful Hardcover by Marshall Goldsmith
Goldsmith utilizes his experience as an executive coach to bring us this toolkit on climbing the corporate ladder. As the title suggests, the skills and behaviors that help many employees rise in the lower ranks may not be enough to fuel future success. If you’re looking to excel in your career and reach the highest rungs of the ladder, look no further.
7. Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes
Television producer and powerhouse Shonda Rhimes shares what is possible when you open yourself up to uncomfortable and intimidating experiences. By contrasting her life before and after the year of yes, Rhimes shows what can happen when you embrace your truest self.
How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships by Leil Lowndes
In a professional world affected by the pandemic in so many ways, we could all use refreshers on impactful, in-person interactions. Hone your marketing skills with these ninety-two tips and reaffirm your confidence in the ever-changing landscape of business after COVID.